OpenScribe is an open source editor app that aims to replace the standard Windows editor with advanced features.
- Tabbed Editing 🚀: Open multiple notes in tabs to switch between them efficiently.
- Customizable User Experience 🎨: a custom window, custom colors, light and daak mode, and multiple fonts for a unique user experience.
- Shortcuts ⌨️: OpenScribe has a built-in keyboard shortcut to get work done.
- Ease of Use 🌟: The app is intuitive and easy to use, so you can focus on writing.
- Multiple Languages 🌍: OpenScribe is translated into multiple languages.
- Fast 🏃♂️: OpenScribe has a fast startup time and is lightweight.
- Open Source 📜: OpenScribe is an open source project. You can view the source code and contribute to improve the app.
Go to the releases and install the latest release. Unzip the .zip file and run
Create a new document with
Ctrl + Nor go to
File -> New document
Open an existing document with
Ctrl + Oor go to
File -> Open
Save the document with
Ctrl + Sor save as with
Ctrl + Shift + S
Switch between tabs with
Ctrl + Tabor click on the tab
Zoom in with
Ctrl + Plus, zoom out with
Ctrl + Minus, reset with
Ctrl + 0or go to
View -> ...
Open settings with
Ctrl + ,or click on the top right settings icon
Get information about the with the info icon on the top right under the settings icon, hover over it to get the information
Print the document with
Ctrl + Por go to
View -> Print
Quit the app with
Ctrl + Q
- When changing to light mode, probably you have to adjust the primary color setting
This project is licensed under the MIT license. See the license file for more information.